Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Tuesday July 1, 2008

Today I had a wonderful new technology experience I learned how to set up a blog.

Today's class in organizational theory was an interesting experience. The lesson began with the cohort viewing the movie Europa Europa. This movie was about a young Jewish man who was passing as a German. He attends this academy and the indoctrination begins. At first sight, the pledge was said by all of the students. It was clear to me that the organization had a mission; obviously this mission was to train these soliders to become faitful followers. Most noteable was the demonstration that the headmaster presented about how to identify a Jewish person. He gave specific examples of the size of their forehead and other deragaory statements.
I immediately equated this experience to how African Americans were treated during slavery and prior to the 1960s's.

This was a powerful learning experience for me.

1 comment:

LexiLaur1 said...

I would agree that the use of eye models and measurement as a way to identify a Jewish person was scary. I can't imagine how a fear of any one population rises to that level. What an atrocity!